This webpage gives you additional resources related to the health topics.
These resources include downloadable datasets, indicator metadata, and links to other webpages, and data sources. Metadata gives details about how an indicator is defined and analysed.
Environmental health – Ngā Tūtohu Taiao
You can find in-depth information, statistics and metadata on the Environmental Health Intelligence NZ website, www.ehinz.ac.nz.
Alcohol-related harm – Pānga waipiro
Comprehensive datasets of the alcohol-related harm indicators are available below. These are available as Excel spreadsheets by districts, territorial authority (TA), and area unit (AU). These datasets contain the data shown on Healthspace, as well as additional indicator variations and a wide range of groupings of years of data not shown on Healthspace (such as two-year, three-year, five-year, and ten-year groupings). Areas with large populations can obtain more detailed data, while areas with small populations can obtain a wider range of data that can be displayed on Healthspace in some cases.
- Alcohol outlet license density by TA, AU 2016 (xlsx, 314KB)
- Hazardous drinking by DHB 2006-07, 2011-14, 2015-16 (xlsx, 160KB)
- Hospitalisations wholly attributable to alcohol by DHB 2001-2019 (xlsx, 21MB)
- Hosplitalisations wholly attributable to alcohol by TA 2001-2021 (xlsx, 30MB)
- Mortality wholly attributable to alcohol by DHB 2001-2016 (xlsx, 1.8MB)
- Mortality wholly attributable to alcohol by TA 2006-2016 (xlsx, 0.9MB)
- Heavy episodic drinking by DHB 2016-17 (xlsx, 96KB)
- Alcohol outlet licence density
- Prevalence of hazardous drinking
- Hospitalisations wholly attributable to alcohol
- Mortality wholly attributable to alcohol
- Heavy episodic drinking